In the meantime, please contact us with questions at (512) 353-3344 or email@example.com.
- Scott Jecker PWS, CWB
- Jayme Jecker PWS
- Richard Griffin PhD, PG, CPSSc
- Presley Hatcher
Please note, the dates for this class have not been confirmed so please check back soon.
This class has been pre-approved by the Society of Wetland Scientists Professional Certification Program for training credits towards the Professional Wetland Scientist certification.
The course will cover delineation of wetlands and other potential waters of the United States for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permit applications under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- Overview of the USACE Regulatory Program
- Wetland Delineation using the 1987 “Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual” (January 1987), and the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain and Great Plains Regional Supplements
- Indicators of Hydrophytic Vegetation, Hydric Soils, and Wetland Hydrology
- Routine and Comprehensive Delineations, Atypical Situations, Problem Areas
- Delineation of Ordinary High Hater Marks for Other Potential Waters of the United States (streams, lakes, ponds, etc.)
- Determining USACE Jurisdiction under Section 404 and Section 10
- SWANCC and Rapanos Court Decisions
- Determining Significant Nexus to Traditional Navigable or Interstate Waters
- Permit Types (Individual, General, etc.)
- Permit Applications and the Permitting Process
- Mitigation – Avoidance, Minimization, and Compensation
- GPS Data Collection following USACE guidelines
- Permit Compliance and Reporting
- Compliance with Other Laws Associated with USACE Permitting (Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, etc.)
- USACE/EPA Regulatory Updates (as available)
Course instruction includes 50/50 [classroom/field] instruction. Students will be provided with delineation manual, regional supplement(s), USACE guidance, plant indicator list, and lecture notes (by electronic media).
Paypal or mail a check to:
3413 Hunter Road
San Marcos, Texas 78666