This Class is Full.
To learn more about future classes, please call us at (512) 353-3344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: $1,400.00 per student
- Location: Holiday Inn Houston N.E. Bush Airport
- Address: 18555 Kenswick Drive, Humble, TX 77338
- Scott Jecker CWB, PWS
- Jayme Jecker PWS
- Richard Griffin PhD, PG
This class is full at this time, please contact us to be put on the waiting list for future classes.
This class has been pre-approved by the Society of Wetland Scientists Professional Certification Program for training credits towards the Professional Wetland Scientist certification.
The course will cover delineation of wetlands and other potential waters of the United States for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permit applications under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act and Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- Overview of the USACE Regulatory Program
- Wetland Delineation using the 1987 “Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual”, and the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain, Great Plains, and Arid West Regional Supplements
- Indicators of Hydrophytic Vegetation, Hydric Soils, and Wetland Hydrology
- Routine and Comprehensive Delineations, Atypical Situations, Problem Areas
- Delineation of Ordinary High Hater Marks for Other Waters of the United States (streams, lakes, ponds, etc.)
- Determining USACE Jurisdiction under Section 404 and Section 10
- Historical Account and Current Status of the Clean Water Act, Waters of the US changes, and court cases (i.e. SWANCC and Rapanos) that have influenced the regulations
- Determining Significant Nexus to Traditional Navigable or Interstate Waters
- Permit Types (Individual, General, etc.)
- Permit Applications and the Permitting Process
- Mitigation – Avoidance, Minimization, and Compensation
- GPS Data Collection following USACE guidelines
- Permit Compliance and Reporting
- Compliance with Other Laws Associated with USACE Permitting (Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, etc.)
- USACE/EPA Regulatory Updates (as available)
Course instruction includes 50/50 [classroom/field] instruction. Students will be provided with a mobile app link that will include the delineation manual, regional supplement(s), USACE guidance, plant indicator list, lecture notes, and other pertinent material.
Paypal or mail a check to:
3413 Hunter Road
San Marcos, Texas 78666